- Have a better understanding of equity best practices in patient care and staffing
- Develop equity, anti-racism, diversity, and inclusion policies to help you serve equity groups
- AMHO has also developed two tools to support providers in using the framework.
- Get comprehensive training on equity in healthcare
improve the lives of all Ontarians
AMHO developed the Equity, Anti-Racism, and Anti-Oppression Framework to guide its work and that of its members in advancing equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression in the delivery of mental health and addiction services.
The Framework’s principles must not only show the way for the delivery of care and services for all Ontarians, but they must also be the basis on which organizations that deliver these services function and operate.
What You Get from the Framework
AMHO's Equity & Anti-Oppression Framework, published in 2021, gives members an entry point to their equity work.
How the Equity, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Framework Works
AMHO established the Framework to provide advice and direction for how members can advance equity, inclusion, diversity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression with a focus on Indigenous and Black populations. The Framework is:
- Aligned to Ontario Health’s Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism Framework
- Enabled by four Service Components to support member organizations to deliver person-centred care so a client has “access when I need it”, “experience I want”, “outcomes I value” and where “I feel I belong”
- Enabled by four Organizational Components to assist member organizations to build equity into business operations by “nurturing our culture”, “supporting our people”, “improving our services”, and “working together” with other providers
- A way for AMHO to advocate for the mental health and addictions sector to ensure priorities are advanced collectively.
AMHO has also developed two tools to support providers in using the framework.
AMHO is committed to meaningfully advancing equity, inclusion, diversity, and anti-racism and invites you to join in this important work.
We will continue to provide clear recommendations to service providers on what steps they can take to advance equity, inclusion, diversity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression.
This page is kept up-to-date as we develop a regional structure and toolkits to operationalize the recommendations from the Framework.
Key equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression information, resources and tools for addiction, mental health, and other health service providers across Ontario.
(tools being added)
Curated by subject matter experts, Snapshots are short, concise PDF documents, usually only a page or two long. They are packed with information, including visualizations, graphs, and more that help explain complex issues.