The Ontario Non-Profit Network’s (ONN) has released their annual non-profit survey.
While they survey organizations from across non-profits and across sectors, the majority of responses are from social services agencies.
- 2/3 of the sector is facing staffing challenges, specifically around recruitment and retention.
- 37% of respondents reported workers leaving for another nonprofit for the same or similar job; 36% of respondents reported workers leaving for the public sector for the same or similar job.
- The most frequently reported factors that hinder recruitment and retention are:
- Skills shortage (52%, down 9% from 2022)
- Staff burnout and stress (51%, down 16% from 2022)
- Non Competitive Compensation (49%, down 1% from 2022)
- Wage disparity (47%, down 9% from 2022)
- Lack of funding (45%, up 5% from 2022)
- Demand for nonprofit services is at an all time high and has grown 29% since 2020.
- 90% of respondents reported an increase in expenditures.
- Nonprofit closure reports have increased: 35% of organizations report that they know of another similar nonprofit closing.