September 14, 2016
Join us for a one-day “Advancing Peer Support Services” symposium on October 24, 2016 at the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, 970 Dixon Rd, Toronto. This is an opportunity to share your experiences, learn from others and help shape the future of peer support in the province.
This event is free for all attendees, however there are limited spots. We kindly request that you complete the expression of interest form available here by Monday, October 3 and send it to
Successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday, October 5. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
More details about the Symposium
The objective of this symposium is to bring key stakeholders together to:
- Identify promising practices associated with the engagement of lived and /or family expertise at systems level such as advisories, policy and planning tables etc.;
- Develop a common understanding of meaningful engagement among different stakeholders to facilitate practice change;
- Develop recommendations to enhance the capacity of the mental health & addiction system to fully integrate and support peer workers.
Who should attend?
- LHIN mental health and addiction leads;
- Persons with mental health issues and/or substance use and/or lived experience of being in the mental health and addiction systems, and family members who are active or interested in system-level issues and advisory structures;
- Peer support workers;
- Those involved with agencies that offer peer support programs, or who are interested in developing a peer support program; and
- Persons who are interested in improving engagement through system-level advisories and the support and delivery of peer support services in Ontario.