EQIP offering free quality improvement training
October 12, 2016
E-QIP is pleased to offer introductory training sessions on quality improvement. The training is based on the Health Quality Ontario & University of Toronto program called IDEAS. Classes will be 1-day in duration with a ‘homework’ component and follow-up on the web-based E-QIP Collaborative Community of Practice.
This FREE, full day, quality improvement training program will provide participants with an overview and practical applications of quality improvement methods, tools and techniques. The program has been adapted to relate to community mental health and addictions service providers. The program will review the purpose and background of quality improvement methods, specific tools to diagnose quality improvement problems within an organization, and provide information on how to generate and implement change ideas that can improve client care.
All sessions will occur over a full day (from 8:30 – 5:00 pm), with some pre-work and post-program follow up required from participants. Lunch will be included for all sessions.
Fall 2016 Introduction to IDEAS sessions:
Please note: If you are receiving coaching support from the Excellence through Quality Improvement Project it is a requirement that the project lead from your organization attend one of the 5 Introduction to IDEAS sessions offered in the Fall of 2016.
- Kenora Introduction to IDEAS (October 26, 2016) – Lake of the Woods Discovery Centre. To register, click here
- Brampton Introduction to IDEAS (October 31, 2016) – Community Door. To register, click here
- Middlesex Introduction to IDEAS (November 3, 2016) – CMHA Middlesex, with Services in Exeter and Goderich. To register, click here
- Sudbury Introduction to IDEAS (November 9,2016) – CMHA Sudbury. To register, click here
- Renfrew IDEAS (November 10, 2016) – MacKay Manor. To register, click here
Winter 2017 Introduction to IDEAS sessions: (registration links will be sent out in the New Year)
- Toronto Introduction to IDEAS (February 23, 2017) – Regent Park Community Centre
- Belleville Introduction to IDEAS (February 22, 2017) – Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre
- Thunder Bay Introduction to IDEAS (February 28, 2017) – CMHA Thunder Bay
- Niagara Region Introduction to IDEAS in (March 1, 2017) – Pathstone Mental Health
- Waterloo Introduction to IDEAS (March 2, 2107) – CMHA Waterloo Wellington
For more information, please contact Sandra Cunning, Director, Quality Improvement. .